My Father loves golf so in celebration of Father’s Day I decided we needed Golf themed cupcakes!
How to Make Golf Themed Cupcakes
You will need:
- Baked cupcakes (I used a regular boxed cake mix to create my cupcakes. It’s just easier. I did make my own icing, that is a must.)
- New wooden golf tee’s (want to make it a golf cupcake for a Golf Girl? Use pink tees)
- Scotch mints or white gumballs (or better yet, foil covered chocolate golf balls)
- Cupcake toppers you make or buy
- A Piping bag
- A Number 233 Wilton Piping tip at any cook shop or Michael’s craft store)
- Green food color gel (I used Kelly Green)
- Toothpicks for adding the color
Homemade Icing Recipe:
- 1 cup of white vegetable shortening ( I think margarine tastes better it’s up to you)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2.5 cups of sifted icing sugar
- 1 table spoon cream of tartar (this helps your icing to harden slightly and hold it’s shape)
Icing the Golf Cupcakes:
- Mix up your icing to the point where it is fairly stiff. Set aside ¼ cup of the uncolored icing to attach your scotch mints or gumballs to the golf tees later on.
- Next color your icing. Add the tip to your piping bag and add the mixed greed icing. Push your icing down the bag and twist the top closed in your hand.
- Fill the surface of the cup cake with the icing and insert the wooden golf tee. Add a small amount of the uncolored icing to the tee and place your scotch mint or gumball on top.
- Next I added a hand made topper that I made with a wooden craft stick, sticker and cardstock. I used a paper punch and cut out the square. I added the sticker and taped the craft stick to the back of the cup cake. Just insert the topper and serve.
- When decorating and serving cupcakes, use a wine class or parfait glass turned upside down. The wine glass base makes a perfect surface and it makes the cupcake really easy to work on. It also looks really nice as a cupcake pedestal.
- Shindigz carries a wide range of golf themed party supplies, cake toppers and favors – Save 15% on party supply orders of $85+ at Shindigz with coupon code WSNFX4
- Don’t forget to get the kids involved in helping celebrate Dad with these fun printables and crafts for Father’s Day!
Have a wonderful Father’s Day or Golf Themed party!
About the author: Karen Owen is a crafty, busy Mom of three who blogs regularly at Karen Mom of Three’s Craft Blog.