My son and his friends used to be Pokemon crazy and now my nephew is – it is obviously a boy thing! Having a Pokemon themed birthday party is not only easy, it’s also fun
Start with a Pokemon themed invitation (click image to get details):
(available via Amazon)
My sister in law made this Pokemon cake for her son’s birthday. I think it turned out just adorable. Basically she used a regular two layer cakes and added the icing Pikachu topper and a few Pokemon toys to pull the whole thing together. (Get all the details and instructions at her site, Celiac Family).
Use a solid red, yellow or blue tablecloth as the base for your party table. Add Pokemon themed party paper goods and a centerpiece and you are ready to go.
Pokemon party games, activities and inspiration:
- Pokemon character coloring pages – these are perfect to print out ahead of time so guests can color while waiting for everyone to arrive, or you can have the kids color their favorite character and use clear Contact paper to laminate the finished product to make a cute placemat.
- Make your own Pikachu hats for the party guests – either make in advance or use as an activity
- Pokemon party game ideas – some of these are really cute like the Spoink race
- Use Assorted Pokemon Trading Cards as the basis of a treasure hunt or as party prizes and favors
- Don’t forget a “Pokemon Pinata” (fill with candy, mini Pokemon toys or Pokemon cards)
With a little bit of creativity and input from your Pokemon fans, you can host a Pokemon party the birthday child will remember for years to come without spending a fortune.
P.S. Don’t forget to check out our kids party decoration money saving tips for more great ideas.